"I have a homesickness for a country that isn’t mine…the steppes, the solitude, the eternal snows and big skies up there haunt me. One remains permanently engulfed in the silence where only the wind sings, in the solitudes almost naked of greenery, the chaos of fantastic rocks, dizzying peaks and horizons of blinding light."
~ Alexandra David-Neel
Castlecrag Mountain Ski Tour, Strathcona Provincial Park, Vancouver Island, BC: A stellar day of solitude - apart from the occasional Whiskyjack - in my backyard mountains.
(All photos: iPhone5)
- close-your-eyes-and-run likes this
- wildisle2013 reblogged this from rumoncarter and added:
- 3xtremesportsguy reblogged this from rumoncarter
- jenniferduffieldwhite likes this
- cabin-by-the-river reblogged this from rumoncarter
- rumoncarter posted this